Internal Injuries in Car Accidents
Milwaukee Car Accident Attorney
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that more than 2.4 million car passengers had their injuries treated in emergency rooms in 2013. Internal injuries resulting from blunt force trauma or penetrating wounds in car accidents account for a significant portion of those injuries.
The impact of a car accident can cause injury to the kidneys, bowels, spleen, liver, heart, and lungs. Fractured ribs can puncture lungs and other internal organs.
Internal injuries can be life threatening and require emergency medical treatment after an accident costing hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills.
At Gruber Law Offices, LLC, we have handled many car accidents with a history of success. Our law firm is established, respected, and committed to protecting your rights and aggressively pursuing your legal claim.
Causes of Internal Injuries in Car Accidents
Impact to the body in motor vehicle accidents occurs in three separate ways:
- Vehicle impact occurs when the motor vehicle collides with another vehicle or a stationery object.
- Body impact occurs when the body slams into the steering wheel, windshield, dashboard, or some other structure within the car.
- Organ impact takes place within the body when moveable organs, such as the liver, spleen, intestines, heart, or brain, collide with the body’s supporting structures, such as the ribs, spine, pelvis, sternum, or skull.
This type of injury can result from all types of accidents, including head on collisions, side impact or T-bone collisions, rear end collisions, rollover accidents, single vehicle crashes, and multi vehicle accidents.
Internal injuries can also result from penetrating trauma in an automobile accident. This happens when objects such as sharp metal or broken glass penetrate the body, tearing holes in blood vessels. According to WebMD, the most serious internal bleeding due to trauma occurs with:
- Head trauma
- Bleeding around the lungs
- Trauma to the abdomen, such as lacerations of the liver, spleen, or perforations of other organs
- Tears in large blood vessels near the center of the body
Legal Help for Internal Injuries Sustained in an Auto Accident in Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin, including Kenosha, Madison, Racine, and Waukesha
You may be entitled to claim compensation for your damages if you have sustained internal injuries in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence. Damages may include medical expenses, future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
The sooner you take action, the better the outcome in your personal injury claim. When you work with our firm, our car accident attorneys will:
- Investigate your accident
- Determine who was at fault for your injuries
- File all legal paperwork
- Negotiate with insurance companies that insured the other driver and you
- Aggressively protect your rights against insurance companies that do not want to pay, in or out of court
- Keep you updated every step of the way
Our founder and CEO David Gruber has created a large team of trusted and compassionate professionals that will aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve.
Our top-notch personal injury lawyers have numerous prestigious awards, affiliations and memberships.
These designations include the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, where membership is limited only to lawyers who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards, and settlements. Less than 1% of the lawyers in the entire United States are certified as members.
In addition, our lawyers are honored in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America- 40 under 40, Wisconsin Super Lawyers, Wisconsin Leaders in the Law, Board Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, Top 100 Best Trial Lawyers in America, and numerous other prestigious awards, affiliations and memberships.
Contact our firm for a free case consultation. There are no costs upfront and we will come to you!