Air Bag Injuries: Milwaukee Car Accident Lawyer
Serving Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin, including Kenosha, Madison, Racine, and Waukesha
Children, pregnant women, and shorter drivers face a higher risk of injury from normal airbag deployment. Any driver or passenger in the wrong position when an airbag deploys may be seriously injured. Other potential risks include defective airbags that deploy unnecessarily at the wrong time or fail to deploy when needed.
At Gruber Law Offices, LLC, we have successfully handled many car accident cases. We are prepared to investigate the facts and circumstances surrounding your air bag injuries, protect your rights, and aggressively pursue your case.
Causes of Airbag Injuries
Airbags deploy at extremely high speeds, typically greater than 100 mph. The crash sensor connected to an airbag will cause it to deploy in a crash that is sufficiently severe – usually a head on or near head on collision. The airbag deploys in approximately 1/20th of a second and deflates almost immediately, releasing dust and chemicals that can irritate the eyes and the skin.
The Emergency Medicine Journal lists the following injuries commonly caused by airbags:
- Head and Neck Injuries: These include facial trauma, temporomandibular joint injuries, cervical spine injuries, decapitation, and eye injuries.
- Torso Injuries: Chest and abdomen injuries are common, including rib fracture, heart valve injury, cardiac rupture, abdominal injuries, and thoracic-lumbar spine injuries.
- Upper Limb Injuries: These include injuries to the shoulder, forearm, and clavicle, 95 percent of which are fractures or dislocations.
- Injuries to Children: Passenger airbags are associated with fatal and non-fatal injuries to children. Infants in rear facing car seats strapped into the passenger seat may suffer serious head and neck injuries. Children facing forward may also suffer head injuries.
Malfunction crash sensors resulting in unexpected airbag deployment may also result in injury or death. If an airbag deploys unnecessarily when a driver is travelling at high speeds on a highway, catastrophic injuries or death can happen. It is equally tragic when an airbag fails to deploy at a time when it is needed to save a life.
Legal Help for Airbag Injury Victims
When you work with our firm, our personal injury attorneys can investigate your accident and airbag injuries and advise you of your legal options. If your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to pursue compensation for your losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Gruber Law Offices, LLC is a fully established and respected law firm with 16 attorneys and 80 support staff. Our attorneys are honored in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America- 40 under 40, Wisconsin Super Lawyers, Wisconsin Leaders in the Law, Board Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, Top 100 Best Trial Lawyers in America, and numerous other prestigious awards, affiliations and memberships.
Our dedicated legal team is compassionate and committed to obtaining the justice your case demands. We don’t get paid until we win your case for you. Contact our firm today for a case consultation.
- NHTSA: Counts of Frontal Airbag Related Fatalities and Seriously Injured Persons
- Emergency Medicine Journal: Injuries associated with airbag deployment